Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

why am I so stubborn?

we had planned to have my daughter her husband and friends come down to the lake this weekend. BUT....we had one thing that had to be done prior to being able to enjoy the day. We moved recently and still had a baby grand piano at the old house that we needed help to move. so, we scheduled my daughter husband and friends to just "stop" by the house to help us move the piano and then they were supposed to be able to be on their way. well, we could not get a truck to move it with from u-haul there were none available in all of Anderson, SC. Can you believe that. so we asked mom and dad if we could use theirs. oh good we got a truck, or so we thought. Dad started out with the truck and trailer and had a flat. He had to go back home to fix it. He could not get the lug nuts off the wheel. So Ross my son drives 20 minutes to their home to change the tire. He gets one tire changed and dad tells him there is another tire with wire showing and needs to change another. Ross tries but cannot get the lug nuts off this tire. So much for using dads truck. The gentleman who is renting our old home tells us we can use his truck. Finally a truck. The boys load the piano on the borrowed truck and off we go from Anderson to Fairplay after oh, I dont know...HOURS. hooray. But what a frustrating situation. If I would have listened to my husband and rented a truck maybe all this would not have happened. No, I wanted to save money. Sometimes its best just to bite the bullet and do what needs to be done. All this frustration and aggravation may have be avoided if I would not have been so stubborn. Help, me Lord to do what needs to be done and not be so stubborn.

No comments: